Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Unsung Heroes Acceleration Programme
- The organizer of the Unsung Heroes Acceleration Program is the Unsung Heroes Foundation, with its registered office at ul. Sienna 64, 00-825 Warsaw, Poland (hereinafter referred to as the Organiser), NIP: 5273045234.
- This document defines the terms and conditions of participation in the Unsung Heroes Acceleration Program in cooperation with the Polish Humanitarian Action.
- The purpose of the Acceleration is to validate the technological solutions offered by startups on humanitarian missions and to expand the contact of startup representatives with mentors from the countries where the Mentors participating in the Program come from.
- The acceleration will include:
- 8 thematic workshops,
- individual support from an international team of mentors for startups participating in acceleration
- participation in individual meetings between representatives of VC funds and qualified startups,
- other additional events,
- technology presentation during the Demo Day.
- Upon completion of the program, startups will be able to join The Global Founders Alley For Humanitarian Missions.
- The Acceleration Program will be launched on May 8, 2023 and will end on September 4, 2023. 7. The entire program will be held online.
- The list and profiles of mentors are published on the Foundation’s website: www.unsung.tech
- All information about the Competition along with the Regulations are available on the Foundation’s website: www.unsung.tech
- Participants of the Competition acknowledge and accept the content of these Regulations upon submission of the Application Form.
Purpose and scope of the Unsung Heroes Acceleration Programme
- The implementation of the program is aimed at encouraging and supporting startups in the development of projects – technologies to effectively help people living in third world countries in a
humanitarian crisis. The motto of the program is: Every person has an indisputable right to access to food, clean water and proper preventive health care.
- 15 startups will participate in the Acceleration Program.
- A maximum of 5 startups may be accepted from one country for the Acceleration Programme. 4. Startups that have at least a ready prototype of the solution can participate in the Acceleration.
- For reasons of securing access to the program for startups from around the world, the Organizer will conduct the program in the online formula.
- Dates and organizational information regarding acceleration will be published on an ongoing basis on the Foundation’s website: www.unsung.tech
- The minimum involvement of a startup representative in the program, which is the basis for passing the program, is:
- participation in 5 thematic workshops,
- 7 one-on-one sessions with mentors each month: May, June, July and August c. presentation during the Demo Day.
- Startups that pass the program will have the opportunity to join The Global Founders Alley For Humanitarian Missions.
Conditions of participation
- The Unsung Heroes Foundation does not charge any commissions, shares or fees from startups.
- The condition for entering the competition is the correct completion of the Application Form available at unsung.tech/apply by April 15, 2023.
- Recruitment to the Acceleration Program consists of two stages.
Stage I – from March 13, 2023 to April 15, 2023 consists in sending the Application Form via the unung.tech website
Stage II – from April 16 to April 28, 2023, interviews with startups will be held.
- Startups that successfully complete Stage I of the recruitment process will receive information about the result by e-mail to the address indicated in the form.
- The decision on eligibility will be made for April 30, 2023.
- Application Forms submitted after the end of the call will not be considered.
- If no applications are received by the deadline or in other justified circumstances, the organizer has the right to extend the deadline for submitting applications and other deadlines specified in these Regulations. Such information will be posted on the Foundation’s website: www.unsung.tech
- The start-up that is selected for the acceleration program and accepts the offer to join the Program agrees to the publication of the commercial brand on the Organizer’s website and social media channels.
Application evaluation rules
- The decision to accept a startup is made jointly by the Organizer and the Polish Humanitarian Action.
- The key indicators evaluating startups are:
- the ability to adapt the startup solution for the needs of humanitarian missions, b. finished product (MVP),
- the quality of the team, which includes people with both business and technological experience.
- The list of qualified startups will be published on the unsung.tech website.
- The Unsung Heroes Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of the information received from the participants of the competition and for any damages resulting from it.
- These Regulations apply from the date of its publication.
- Any changes to the Regulations will be published on the Foundation’s website: www.unsung.tech
- The Organizer reserves the right to make decisions in situations not provided for in these Regulations.
- The organizer reserves the right to modify the program at any stage.